Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pay Attention To What Children Love Doing As They Are Growing Up

Gretchen Rubin explores a terrific strength discovery tool in the short video below. She asks the question, What did you love doing when you were 10 years old?" It really is a great question. Don't get hung up on the precise age. Maybe the key clue will come at age 14. Maybe it will come much younger.

Consider this amazing memory from physicist Freeman Dyson. He writes, "I've never remembered a time when I wasn't in love with calculating. One of the first memories I have was when I was being put down for a nap in the afternoons. I was in the crib and not able to climb out, and I was calculating the infinite series, 1 + 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1 + 1/16...and discovered that it came out to 2... I just loved calculating. It's something your born with...

No comments:

Post a Comment